Should the policy that applies to a school's print media also apply to its broadcast media? Why or why not?
- Read the article Student Press Protests Policy.
- Identify the following:
- Facts of the case
- Arguments on both sides
- Look at Hazelwood's Key Excerpts from the Majority Opinion.
- If you were the students at Montgomery Blair High School, which
arguments would you advance when presenting your case to the Board of
- If you were the officials at the education channel, which arguments
would you advance when presenting your case to the Board of Education?
- Read the articles Commission Works on Electronic Media Policy and Television Policy Finally Adopted at Blair High School. What was the county's final decision? Evaluate that decision.
- What impact will the decision have on future programming in Montgomery County?
Read the article Story on Gay Teen Life Sparks Controversy.
- If you were the students, how would you make your case to the existing board?
- If you were on the board, what guidelines would you recommend?